Graspop Metal Meeting 2019 - Nieuws en geruchten

MetalLimbo

Subheadliner
22 nov 2017
sledgehammer wrote:
Aan Nightwish had ik niet gedacht. Als er op de zaterdag nog een grote band bij moet komen, dan is Nightwish inderdaad een goede mogelijkheid. Die stonden dit jaar niet op een Belgisch festival, voor zover ik me herinner, en de show in de Lotto Arena is zo te zien niet uitverkocht. Dus best kans dat Nightwish pas na de Europese tournee wat zomerfestivals gaat aankondigen. Maar ik heb geen idee wat de plannen zijn van Nightwish voor komend jaar. Het zou ook kunnen dat ze rond Graspop in de studio of in een ander werelddeel zitten.

Nightwish gaat volgend jaar inderdaad weer de studio in en zijn van plan om in het voorjaar van 2020 weer een album uit te brengen. Van hen hoef je hoogstwaarschijnlijk dus niks te verwachten.
Nightwish zal inderdaad wel wishful ( :wink: ) thinking zijn..
Maar wellicht heeft Floor nog wel wat tijd over voor een paar showtjes/festivalletjes of een klein tourtje met haar nevenprojectje Northward (samen met Jørn Viggo Lofstad van Pagan's Mind, waarvan vorige maand het debuutalbum uitkwam)..?? :)

xydroh

Headliner
22 okt 2018
jinjer en alien weaponry op into the grave, zie beide wel overkomen. Hoop echt zwaar op Jinjer, fenomenaal live.

nikita

Geliefde act
27 okt 2018
Dream theater heeft een Amerikaanse tour bevestigd. Hun nieuwe album komt uit in februari.

The "Distance Over Time" tour of North America kicks off on March 20, 2019 in San Diego, California. The tour will run for seven weeks before wrapping up in Mexico City on May 4, 2019.

Mooie extra: Dream Theater will be performing their 1999 album “Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory” in full during their upcoming 20th anniversary tour for the album.

Tour gedaan wanneer de Europese festivals beginnen, laat hen maar doorkomen naar graspop!

chuckofalltrades

Playlistbediener
16 sep 2018
(excuse the English post, I am from India)

I'm very tempted to go to Luxembourg to see Mark Knopfler one day before Graspop. I've also booked a tent at Boneyard.

How practical will it be for me to come to Graspop on 20th June morning, get my tent, leave luggage there, head to Luxembourg for the show and stay over, and come the next morning to Dessel? I suppose I could come directly on Friday morning but I am keen on getting a good (and if possible, quiet) spot at the Graspop camping.

Any tips from the experienced folk here would help. Thank you :)

Chuck

Rockbeer

Sunset slot
6 okt 2016
Bring me the horizon op werchter, afstrepen voor graspop dan maar?
Ja. Met dat nieuwe album begrijpelijk ook. Edit: dat album is alweer van 2015.

Zou Graspop het aandurven Skunk Ananaie te boeken? Op Rock Werchter stopten ze haar bij de laatste passage weg in een tent tijdens Florence + the Machine. Ze verdient beter dan dat.

Dr. Hannibal

Headliner
24 nov 2013
(excuse the English post, I am from India)

I’m very tempted to go to Luxembourg to see Mark Knopfler one day before Graspop. I’ve also booked a tent at Boneyard.

How practical will it be for me to come to Graspop on 20th June morning, get my tent, leave luggage there, head to Luxembourg for the show and stay over, and come the next morning to Dessel? I suppose I could come directly on Friday morning but I am keen on getting a good (and if possible, quiet) spot at the Graspop camping.

Any tips from the experienced folk here would help. Thank you
1f642.svg

Chuck

Except for the fact that you will miss the Graspop pre-party thursday night, I see no problem really. But keep in mind the Boneyard only opens at 12.00 on thursday, so setting up in the morning is not really an option. It could easily take a couple of hours to get through the line and pitch your tent, so I don't know if you can make it to Luxembourg in time. But if you get in line early you might be through quickly. I would say, go for it!

Graspop also provides pre-pitched tents at the Boneyard, that might be a good alternative if you don't feel like rushing and taking the risk to miss your concert. More info at the Graspop website.

Joslittel

Headliner
17 feb 2016
Bring me the horizon op werchter, afstrepen voor graspop dan maar?

Ja dat lijkt me wel. Ze gaan ook steeds meer richting een radiovriendelijk geluid, dus logische keuze dit. Dan Architects wel graag naar GMM.

chuckofalltrades

Playlistbediener
16 sep 2018
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Graspop also provides pre-pitched tents at the Boneyard, that might be a good alternative if you do not feel like rushing and taking the chance to miss your concert. </font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">More info at the </font></font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Graspop website.</font></font>

Thank you for the reply! I have, in fact, already booked a tent via Festitent at Graspop, I am not carrying around my own stuff. :)
So I am guessing the better option for me would be:
Jun 20: Antwerp -> Lux for Knopfler, stay overnight at Lux
Jun 21: Lux -> Antwerp -> Mol -> Graspop

I just don't want to miss out on 'good' camping spots, even with pre-pitched tents, since I will then be arriving only on Friday morning. I am not a party guy, and am keen to get some sleep (is this wishful thinking for Graspop camping?).

Thank you \m/
Chuck

Rockbeer

Sunset slot
6 okt 2016
La Dispute is zojuist door Mad Cool aangekondigd. Lijkt me een prachtige naam voor op Graspop!

graspop20

Randprogramma
23 nov 2017
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club bevestigd zichzelf voor Graspop Festival Dessel Belgium w/Alice in Chains
Niet mijn ding, maar leuk voor de fans.

nikita

Geliefde act
27 okt 2018
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club bevestigd zichzelf voor Graspop Festival Dessel Belgium w/Alice in Chains

Klinkt aannemelijk aangezien hun AB concert voor eind mei al uitverkocht is en ze vorig jaar op RW stonden dus daar nu niet opnieuw zullen staan.
Ben ook wel benieuwd waar je dat gezien hebt!

MetalLimbo

Subheadliner
22 nov 2017
Dr. Hannibal wrote:
<font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Graspop also provides pre-pitched tents at the Boneyard, that might be a good alternative if you do not feel like rushing and taking the chance to miss your concert. </font><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>More info at the </font></font><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Graspop website.</font></font>

Thank you for the reply! I have, in fact, already booked a tent via Festitent at Graspop, I am not carrying around my own stuff.
1f642.svg

So I am guessing the better option for me would be:
Jun 20: Antwerp -> Lux for Knopfler, stay overnight at Lux
Jun 21: Lux -> Antwerp -> Mol -> Graspop

I just don’t want to miss out on ‘good’ camping spots, even with pre-pitched tents, since I will then be arriving only on Friday morning. I am not a party guy, and am keen to get some sleep (is this wishful thinking for Graspop camping?).

Thank you \m/
Chuck
As far as I know, the prepitched tents are all located at the front of the Boneyard, closest to the festival grounds. So I guess they are all good camping spots.
However, they might also be the noisiest, especially next/close to the main entrance and walking path.

Joslittel

Headliner
17 feb 2016

Staan ook samen op RaR dus klinkt logisch. Beide fijne bands. Brmc vind ik echter totaal niet op Graspop passen..

kobloodflames

Gouden Tip
11 jan 2018
Alice in Chains is nog niet weg op de site. Ik denk dus dat ze bij de volgende aankondiging rond de feestdagen zullen zijn dan. Wel raar dat ze zichzelf dan al hebben aangekondigd. (Kan ik overigens niet zo snel terug vinden)

Gebruikers die dit onderwerp bekijken