Eurovision

InsaniTiny

Gouden Tip
5 jan 2023
Waarom zou je muziek uitbrengen om mensen boos te maken?🤔
Boosheid verkoopt! Als je boos wordt van een nummer ga je reageren, en zeg je tegen je vrienden "moet je horen wat deze gast voor idioots doet". Een vriend zet op twitter "Vind het echt niet kunnen wat er in dit nummer gedaan wordt", waardoor meer mensen klikken, die weer boos worden, en reageren, en delen, et cetera!

Het is algemeen bekend dat boos maken voor ongelofelijk veel publiciteit zorgt, ook veel nieuwe (en semi-nieuws)-sites spelen daar graag op in.

Als je een lied maakt wat de helft van de mensen superleuk vindt, en waar de andere helft boos van wordt, dan krijg je zowel de rustige positieve publiciteit, als de knallende negatieve publiciteit. Win-win!

(Heb het net nog even opgezocht, een Amerikaans onderzoek wees uit dat nieuwsberichten die boosheid oproepen het vaakst gedeeld werden met anderen, 4% vaker dan nieuwsberichten die ontzag ("awe") oproepen.)

Indiaantje89

Droomheadliner
13 nov 2012
Alsof mensen gelijk boos zijn wanneer ze iets niet goed vinden. Ik snap niet waarom dit mensen altijd hier op dit forum zo zien als er een keer wat kritiek wordt geuit. Misschien vinden we het gewoon niet zo goed klinken en geloven we het verder wel. Alleen je wordt er mee kapot gegooid en mensen hemelen het (naar ons inziens onterecht) op en dan krijg je gewoon ook te horen dat mensen het niet goed vinden, niet meer niet minder. Niemand is boos op Joost verder hoor.

yeaghi

Gouden Tip
11 jan 2019
Fantastisch nummer Europapa van Joost. Gaat ie hoog mee scoren. Van mij mag hij zo door naar Best Kept Secret 2025. Nu al zin in ☺️

Paddy

Headliner
16 dec 2014
Dan zou ik het boze muziek noemen. Rock en metal is niet om mensen boos te maken.
Ben ik toch niet met je eens. Shockeren is zeker wel een element van sommige metal. Van Noorse Black metal tot Body Count.
Rammstein is er groot mee geworden. Net als Guns N’ Roses.

Sjakie de Wit

Geliefde act
17 feb 2014
We zullen het wel zien, maar ben overtuigd dat ie dichtbij zal komen.
Zijn genoeg festivals waar hij beter tot zijn recht komt(Lowlands, Pinkpop, Zwarte Cross, Paaspop). Best kept secret zou wat mij betreft een mismatch zijn en tevens bevestiging dat het festival toch wel een kant op gaat waar ik de rillingen van krijg.

yeaghi

Gouden Tip
11 jan 2019
Zijn genoeg festivals waar hij beter tot zijn recht komt(Lowlands, Pinkpop, Zwarte Cross, Paaspop). Best kept secret zou wat mij betreft een mismatch zijn en tevens bevestiging dat het festival toch wel een kant op gaat waar ik de rillingen van krijg.
Das jouw mening. Wel sneu voor je die rillingen, sterkte!

wess

Randprogramma
30 jun 2021
Joost zegt me weinig.

Het is Kroatië die me laat bouncen.

Het feit dat er een serieuze betekenis achter zit, voegt voor mij nog een laagje comedy toe.

“Please, meow back”: Baby Lasagna’s “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” lyrics capture the tensions young people face leaving Croatia for a life abroad​

A lot of Eurovision fans are already dreaming of a fairytale ending for Croatia at Eurovision 2024. And the prince in that story is Baby Lasagna — real name Marko Purišić. When his song “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” dropped in January, he became the talk of Zagreb. And now he’s the talk of Europe as radio stations across the continent play his song and as DJs wonder aloud about the lyrics, which include a plea for a cat to meow back and a very memorable hook: rim tim tagi dim.

But the song isn’t just about humour and fun. It convey the stress and anxiety that come with leaving home in search of better opportunities.

Baby Lasagna’s journey to Eurovision hasn’t been straightforward. In fact, he fell at the first hurdle.

At the end of 2023, after the submissions window closed for Croatia’s national selection show DORA, broadcaster HRT selected 24 acts. Mr. Lasagna was not among them. Instead he was relegated to the reserve list. However, in early January, the singer Zsa Zsa withdrew. Suddenly the lasagna was in the oven.

Within hours of the song reveal, “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” was trending within the Top 50 on Croatian YouTube. We spoke with Baby Lasagna the next morning and he was absolutely floored by the response.

“Like three or four days ago I was just a guy from a small town writing stuff in my room. And now all of a sudden a guy from London is talking about me and Croatian media is calling me. I get some crazy offers. And it seems like a dream, but at the same time it can feel uncomfortable when people are expecting a lot of you. They want to get on that train Baby Lasagna. I’m starting to work up an anxiety, which I already had and which is getting even worse. At the same time I am happy people are enjoying my work.”

First things first: the title “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” does not have a Croatian translation.

“It means nothing actually,” Baby L told us. “The first sample that you hear in the song goes like rim tim tagi dim, rim tim tagi dim. I was like, ‘It would be funny if I put some real vocals with rim tim tagi dim. There is no great origin story. It’s just a guy in his room and the riff sounds like rim tim tagi dim.”

The real meaning comes not in the title, but in the verses that capture a national dilemma. The European Union has described Croatia as a country of emigration: more people are leaving the country than are arriving from outside its borders. “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” explores this mass exodus of young people — and the effects it has on those leaving and those they leave behind.

The song opens with a young person announcing that he’s leaving home. The music video makes it clear he’s leaving a rural community, which may mirror the outskirts of Umag, Baby Lasagna’s real-life hometown.

Despite the big dreams, that journey is fraught with panic, pain, and anxiety.

And we can see all of that and more in the official video, which dropped on Tuesday. We see a young man preparing to leave his rustic existence behind. In between rocking out in the barn amid bales of hay, he pets his cows, feeds his chickens and chops wood. He’s excited to move on, but at times you get the sense he’s also a little sad.

“Hey, I’m a big boy now, I’m ready to leave, ciao, mama, ciao…I’m a big boy now, I’m going away and I sold my cow…”

As the video progresses we see Baby Lasagna bidding farewell to his fellow villagers at an outdoor feast, which turns into a dancing affair. As he dreams of life in a more happening place, he also wonders if his language and traditions will be understood. As he sings, “I hope I find peace in the noise, wanna become one of those city boys, they’re all so pretty and so advanced, maybe they also know our dance.”

Does the act of leaving bring him the joy he dreams of? Well the video doesn’t answer that. It’s up to you to decipher the final scene, which is beautiful if bittersweet.

And what does Baby Lasagna say about all this?

“I think that a lot of my songwriting comes from my subconscious — you know things that I’m not thinking really about. We have a lot of problems with young people moving and there’s been a lot of news going on about that, so I think that constantly listening to those words…maybe the song is about that, about young people living our country in the search of a better place. A heavy heart and as it says in the song, ‘in my anxiety attacks, I’m gonna miss you all, but mostly the cat.'”

[Intro]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)

[Verse 1]
Ayy, I'm a big boy now
I'm ready to leave, ciao, mamma, ciao
Ayy, I'm a big boy now
I'm going away and I sold my cow
Before I leave, I must confess
I need a round of decompress
One more time for all the good times
Rim-tim-tagi-digi-dim-tim-tim

[Interlude]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Digi-digi-digi-digi)
You might also like
Babaroga
Let 3
Rosalia
Jala Brat & Buba Corelli
Monster
Jala Brat & Buba Corelli

[Verse 2]
Gonna miss you all but mostly the cat
Gonna miss my hay, gonna miss my bed
But most of all, I'ma miss the dance
So come on y'all, let us prance

[Interlude]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)

[Pre-Chorus]
Now don't call, don't write
I'm leavin' with the first light
Don't cry, but dance

[Chorus]
There's no going back (Woah)
My presence fades to black (Woah)
Yeah, there's no going back (Woah)
My anxiety attacks (Woah)
Rim-tim-tagi-digi-dim-tim-tagi-digi-dim

[Post-Chorus]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)

[Verse 3]
I hope I find peace in the noise
Wanna become one of those city boys
They're all so pretty and so advanced
Maybe they also know our dance

[Interlude]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)

[Pre-Chorus]
Bye mom, bye dad
Meow, cat, please, meow back
Don't cry, just dance

[Chorus]

[Instrumental Break]

[Chorus]
Anxiety attacks (Woah)

[Outro]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Dim-dim-dim)

Yes, i love the vibe of the song....Rammstein mixed with Finland last year!!

Raoul

Dagopener
17 jun 2015
Vanavond mag Joost iedereen naar huis spelen op Eurovision in Concert in de AFAS en laten zien waarom hij zo'n eindbaas in. Ik ben er bij en ben heel erg benieuwd, lijkt me sowieso eens een unieke ervaring ten opzichte van de concerten die ik gewoonlijk bezoek ..

• Leuk
Waarderingen: Bassie78 en gerrie

Gebruikers die dit onderwerp bekijken