Alcatraz Open Air 2024

Loek123

Headliner
7 nov 2019
Kan een afbeelding zijn van de tekst 'EINDHOVEN THE NETHERLANDS DYNAMO METALFEST ÛoLuw 16+17+18 AUGUST 2024 DIMMU BORGIR SAXON AMARANTHE CLUTCH SKINDRED FORBIDDEN BAY AREA INTERTHRASHIONALVSOEN WHITECHAPEL FLOTSAM & JETSAM GREEN LUNG WARKINGS LEFT TO DIE PALEFACE SWISS NESTOR BODYSNATCHER MENTAL CRUELTY DYNAZTY VUNTO OTHERS BLACKBRIAR ETERNAL CHAMPION CARNATION vNAKKEKNAEKKER CALVA LOUISE HIPPOTRAKTOR MONOCHROMATIC BLACK BLACK WARM-UF WATAIN UADA HELLERUIN MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED universe DYNAMOMETALFEST.N UFF JACKDANIELS'

Dynamo heeft weer wat namen toegevoegd, Misschien zit er nog iets tussen voor Alcatraz?

• Leuk
Waarderingen: won666

Jamel

Sunset slot
26 jun 2019
Red Fang op zaterdag en Baroness op zondag. Dat is opvallend. In mijn clashfinder zat de zaterdag al helemaal vol. Dat duidt erop dat we of een afvaller hebben, of er is een band van de zaterdag naar een andere dag verplaatst.

Jamel

Sunset slot
26 jun 2019
My friends and I are from the South of France. We are going to do our first Alcatraz this summer. We wanted to know if at the organizational level (Food, Merch, Sound etc.) if everything was on point. We saw that it was a platelet system for payments. If anyone could tell us more about the average prices (Food, Drinks).

We've been doing Hellfest for many years so we wanted to know as much as possible about Alcatraz. I saw it was 15-20k per day. It must be much more comfortable.

In terms of atmosphere?
What is this story about banning Slams? I saw videos from last year (Alestorm, Biohazard, Electric Callboy etc.) There were still a few slammers.
Moshing / Circle Pit / Wall Of Death? Does that suggest a bit where it remains a more family festival? I haven't found any concerts on YouTube where you could really see the atmosphere in the Pit. Being a fan of the Hardcore scene... I ask myself a few questions.

I'm going to play the game of lists of groups to see. Besides.. I saw that in 2021 and 2022 the RO was done in the same way as Hellfest (2 scenes playing at the same time and then the other 2). In 2023 there were 2 and 3 scenes at a time and at times all 4 scenes. Isn't it too restrictive and messy to do like that?

Friday :
- Priorities: Whitechapel, Madball, The Casualties, Amon Amarth, Septicflesh, Red Fang.
- To see: Cradle Of Filth, Paradise Lost, Saxon, Channel Zero, Cutthroat, Fatal Move.

SATURDAY :
Priorities: Hatebreed, Emmure, Testament, Spiritbox.
- To see: Massacre, Benediction, Pro-Pain, 1000Mods, Mantah, Finntroll, Arson, Ankor.

Sunday :
Priorities: Architects, Exodus, Korpiklaani.
To see: Clutch, Orange Goblin, Baroness, Jinjer, Unto Others, Aborted, Soil, Cobra The Impaler, Exumer, After All.

Thank you in advance for your feedback..
Hi and welcome to Festileaks and of course to Alcatraz! I've never been to Hellfest, but I've heard people say that Alcatraz is like a smaller version of Hellfest. So if that's the case, you should be in for a blast. :)

About your questions: I dont really know what you mean by 'banning Slams'. If you mean regular moshpits, of course they are not banned. Quite the opposite. Alcatraz is the first festival in the world where they have a VR moshpit experience for disabled people. Some dude goes ham in the pit while wearing a bodycam, on which people can experience the pit from a distance with VR glasses. So yeah, of course there are pits. I've seen regular moshpits, wall of deaths, circle pits. Everything you'd expect on a metal festival. Crowdsurfing is of course forbidden, but as everywhere else people still do it and there's no harsh policy. As for hardcore dancing. I'm not into hardcore myself, so no idea if people do that on Alcatraz. I expect there will be people doing it while enjoying bands like Bodysnatcher, Emmure or Hatebreed. Just be aware of the people around you.

Of course clashes are inevitable when there's multiple stages. But Alcatraz is set up pretty nice, in a sense that its almost never a problem to enter the particular stage just before the band starts and be able to see the band from a decent spot. So no need to go to the stage, unless you want to stand in the front row of course. And from my experience they usually try to have two bands play at the same time. But thats not entirely possible, as some bands play longer sets than others. Headliners for instance.

Hope this gives enough insight. :)

Jamel

Sunset slot
26 jun 2019
Food quality is also top notch. Important when you're gonna have to eat it 3 days
Ah yeah, I forgot to mention that. The food quality is simply incredible compared to other festivals I've attented. And I've also read that they're planning to expand the food options even more this year.

• Leuk
Waarderingen: Totochon

Totochon

Playlistbediener
31 jan 2024
Hi and welcome to Festileaks and of course to Alcatraz! I've never been to Hellfest, but I've heard people say that Alcatraz is like a smaller version of Hellfest. So if that's the case, you should be in for a blast. :)

About your questions: I dont really know what you mean by 'banning Slams'. If you mean regular moshpits, of course they are not banned. Quite the opposite. Alcatraz is the first festival in the world where they have a VR moshpit experience for disabled people. Some dude goes ham in the pit while wearing a bodycam, on which people can experience the pit from a distance with VR glasses. So yeah, of course there are pits. I've seen regular moshpits, wall of deaths, circle pits. Everything you'd expect on a metal festival. Crowdsurfing is of course forbidden, but as everywhere else people still do it and there's no harsh policy. As for hardcore dancing. I'm not into hardcore myself, so no idea if people do that on Alcatraz. I expect there will be people doing it while enjoying bands like Bodysnatcher, Emmure or Hatebreed. Just be aware of the people around you.

Of course clashes are inevitable when there's multiple stages. But Alcatraz is set up pretty nice, in a sense that its almost never a problem to enter the particular stage just before the band starts and be able to see the band from a decent spot. So no need to go to the stage, unless you want to stand in the front row of course. And from my experience they usually try to have two bands play at the same time. But thats not entirely possible, as some bands play longer sets than others. Headliners for instance.

Hope this gives enough insight. :)
First of all, thank you for your welcome!
Thank you very much for this feedback on the festival. It's very well detailed! Can't wait for August to discover all this. Very good information about food!! 🤩

I have another question related to parking. We took an Airbnb and plan to drive there (10 to 15 minutes) every day. Is there a charge for parking? Where do I need to book and is there a 3-day package?

Thanks again in advance!
You are awesome ! 🫡

• Geweldig
Waarderingen: Jamel

Jamel

Sunset slot
26 jun 2019
First of all, thank you for your welcome!
Thank you very much for this feedback on the festival. It's very well detailed! Can't wait for August to discover all this. Very good information about food!! 🤩

I have another question related to parking. We took an Airbnb and plan to drive there (10 to 15 minutes) every day. Is there a charge for parking? Where do I need to book and is there a 3-day package?

Thanks again in advance!
You are awesome ! 🫡
There is no parking around the festival site. Visitors can park their car at the large car park of 'Kortrijk XPO', which is located at Kennedylaan 100 in Kortrijk. From there you can take the free shuttle bus to the festival, which is like a 20 minute drive. The shuttle buses drive between the festival and the parking every day from 8am until 3am. And luckily there's lots of them, so you won't have to wait long to enter the bus. There is a charge for the parking, but you don't have to book up front. You can simply pay at the parking lot. If I remember correctly they charge 5 euro for a day.

• Geweldig

Totochon

Playlistbediener
31 jan 2024
There is no parking around the festival site. Visitors can park their car at the large car park of 'Kortrijk XPO', which is located at Kennedylaan 100 in Kortrijk. From there you can take the free shuttle bus to the festival, which is like a 20 minute drive. The shuttle buses drive between the festival and the parking every day from 8am until 3am. And luckily there's lots of them, so you won't have to wait long to enter the bus. There is a charge for the parking, but you don't have to book up front. You can simply pay at the parking lot. If I remember correctly they charge 5 euro for a day.
Once again you are at the top! Thank you very much for all these answers. You deserve one hell of a pint, my dear red power ranger! 🍻🤘

• Geweldig

Jamel

Sunset slot
26 jun 2019
Once again you are at the top! Thank you very much for all these answers. You deserve one hell of a pint, my dear red power ranger! 🍻🤘
No problem at all! Always happy to help my fellow Metalfestival enjoyers. :D

You're most welcome to stick around here, enjoy the hype of the build up to august with all of us. And like every year we'll most definitely do a meet-up with fellow Festileakers during the weekend. Would be cool if we can make it a bit more international this year. And we can enjoy that pint together. 🍻

• Confetti

won666

Geliefde act
17 mei 2019
Kan een afbeelding zijn van de tekst 'EINDHOVEN THE NETHERLANDS DYNAMO METALFEST ÛoLuw 16+17+18 AUGUST 2024 DIMMU BORGIR SAXON AMARANTHE CLUTCH SKINDRED FORBIDDEN BAY AREA INTERTHRASHIONALVSOEN WHITECHAPEL FLOTSAM & JETSAM GREEN LUNG WARKINGS LEFT TO DIE PALEFACE SWISS NESTOR BODYSNATCHER MENTAL CRUELTY DYNAZTY VUNTO OTHERS BLACKBRIAR ETERNAL CHAMPION CARNATION vNAKKEKNAEKKER CALVA LOUISE HIPPOTRAKTOR MONOCHROMATIC BLACK BLACK WARM-UF WATAIN UADA HELLERUIN MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED universe DYNAMOMETALFEST.N UFF JACKDANIELS''EINDHOVEN THE NETHERLANDS DYNAMO METALFEST ÛoLuw 16+17+18 AUGUST 2024 DIMMU BORGIR SAXON AMARANTHE CLUTCH SKINDRED FORBIDDEN BAY AREA INTERTHRASHIONALVSOEN WHITECHAPEL FLOTSAM & JETSAM GREEN LUNG WARKINGS LEFT TO DIE PALEFACE SWISS NESTOR BODYSNATCHER MENTAL CRUELTY DYNAZTY VUNTO OTHERS BLACKBRIAR ETERNAL CHAMPION CARNATION vNAKKEKNAEKKER CALVA LOUISE HIPPOTRAKTOR MONOCHROMATIC BLACK BLACK WARM-UF WATAIN UADA HELLERUIN MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED universe DYNAMOMETALFEST.N UFF JACKDANIELS'

Dynamo heeft weer wat namen toegevoegd, Misschien zit er nog iets tussen voor Alcatraz?
In mijn opinie mag Saxon echt wel op gelijke hoogte met Dimmu Borgir. Ik ga er ook van uit dat Saxon wel een dag zal headlinen? Ik denk niet dat ze nog iets straffer gaan boeken?

About Alcatraz I can confirm that it is not the busiest festival. The trick to get a little in the front is to go sideways. But that's pretty much everywhere. The only thing I hate is that the marquee (Swamp) starts when the main (Prison) ends meaning sometime you have to choose wether you want to watch the beginning of band a or the ending of band b. Apart from that the festival is amazing.
Si vous voulez encore d'information en Français n'hesitez pas d'envoyer une MP. Je ne parles pas votre langue comme premiere langue mais j'aimerais d'essayer d'aider.

Een ding nog altijd heel hard op hoop als die derde band is toch echt wel Ministry eigenlijk. Nooit fan van geweest tot ik na hun laatste show in ik denk zelfs Europa (voorlopig laatste) eens iets van hen hoorde op een platenbeurs.

Loek123

Headliner
7 nov 2019
In mijn opinie mag Saxon echt wel op gelijke hoogte met Dimmu Borgir. Ik ga er ook van uit dat Saxon wel een dag zal headlinen? Ik denk niet dat ze nog iets straffer gaan boeken?
Saxon lijkt me geen headliner nee, hun headliners zijn meestal wel wat groter

Totochon

Playlistbediener
31 jan 2024
No problem at all! Always happy to help my fellow Metalfestival enjoyers. :D

You're most welcome to stick around here, enjoy the hype of the build up to august with all of us. And like every year we'll most definitely do a meet-up with fellow Festileakers during the weekend. Would be cool if we can make it a bit more international this year. And we can enjoy that pint together. 🍻
With great pleasure and what's more it can teach me a lot of things about Alcatraz.
The appointment is noted for the weekend aperitif!! 🤘

• Winning

Gebruikers die dit onderwerp bekijken