Dave Grohl en Foo Fighters, Nirvana en aanverwante projecten

DennisvdBr

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
19 nov 2012
Plus ook nog eens Congregation megahit op 3fm. Zal maar bekennen, album voor mij zit al een tijdje in bestelling, dus zal wel in de bus komen.

DennisvdBr

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
19 nov 2012
Vergeef me, blijf het spammen.
Ik ben best enthousiast!!
Nieuwe videoclip online.
The Feast and The Famine:
http://youtu.be/c6fR_mp8gag

PwoperFish

Sunset slot
18 jan 2014
Als je niet wilt wachten op je CD, hier is het album te streamen. + interview met Dave

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/nieuws/2014/november/Foo-Fighters.html

Wessel

Subheadliner
21 mrt 2013
Het is een standaard rock album geworden met als enige uitschieter The Feast And The Famine.
Wat vind de rest er van?

DennisvdBr

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
19 nov 2012
<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title">Wessel wrote:</div>
Het is een standaard rock album geworden met als enige uitschieter The Feast And The Famine.
Wat vind de rest er van?

Voila
Ik kan me die reactie voorstellen idd.
Het is allemaal vrij toegankelijke rock, makkelijk voor radio en speelbaar op festivals.
Heb het zelf al grijsgedraaid sinds ik de cd sinds zaterdag ochtend binnen heb.
Maar mijn mening is niet geheel onbevooroordeeld uiteraard :mrgreen:

DennisvdBr

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
19 nov 2012
Foo Fighters
The Foos are super excited to announce their return to the UK!

25 May – Sunderland, UK – Sunderland Stadium of Light
27 May – Manchester, UK – Emirates Old Trafford
19 June – London, UK – Wembley Stadium
20 June – London, UK – Wembley Stadium
23 June – Edinburgh, UK – BT Murrayfield Stadium

DennisvdBr

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
19 nov 2012
De Amerikaanse rockband Foo Fighters komt op donderdag 5 november naar de Ziggo Dome! De show staat in het teken van de ‘Sonic Highways World Tour’, zoals het gelijknamige album. Voor info check je mojo.nl/foofighters. De kaartverkoop start aanstaande vrijdag om 10.00u.

De titel van het achtste studio album ‘Sonic Highways’ is ook de titel van de door Dave Grohl geregisseerde HBO documentaire, waarin te zien is hoe de tracks van het album zijn opgenomen in acht verschillende muzikale hoofdsteden van de Verenigde Staten. Sinds het verschijnen van het debuutalbum in 1995 heeft de band 25 miljoen albums verkocht en de band is in twintig jaar uitgegroeid tot één van de grootste rockbands van het moment.
http://foofighters.com/tour

Nov 05 Ziggo Dome Amsterdam, The Netherlands Tickets RSVP
Nov 06 Lanxess Arena Cologne, Germany Tickets RSVP
Nov 08 Mercedes-Benz Arena Berlin, Germany Tickets RSVP
Nov 09 TAURON Arena Kraków Cracow, Poland Tickets RSVP
Nov 11 Stadthalle Vienna, Austria Tickets RSVP
Nov 13 Unipol Arena Casalecchio Di Reno Bo, Italy Tickets RSVP
Nov 14 Palaolimpico Turin, Italy Tickets RSVP
Nov 19 Palau Sant Jordi Barcelona, Spain Tickets RSVP

DennisvdBr

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
19 nov 2012
http://skinbackalley.com/2015/04/21/teenage-time-killers-greatest-hits-vol1-to-launch-in-july/

Following months of speculation, anticipation and outright misinformation, Teenage Time Killers have announced that their debut album, Greatest Hits Vol.1, will be released on the 31st July via Rise Records.

The supergroup are spearheaded by core members Reed Mullin (Corrosion of Conformity), Mick Murphy (My Ruin, The Birds Of Satan) and producer John “Lou” Lousteau.

The trio are joined across the albums’ 20 tracks by punk, rock and metal luminaries such as Jello Biafra, Randy Blythe of Lamb of God, Dave Grohl and Pat Smear of Foo Fighters, Nick Oliveri, Matt Skiba of Alkaline Trio, Corey Taylor of Slipknot and Stone Sour, Tommy Victor of Prong and Danzig, Lee Ving of Fear, Mike “IX” Williams of Eyehategod, Mullin’s Corrosion of Conformity band mates Mike Dean and Woody Weatherman, Karl Agell and many, many more.

All the instrumental tracks on Greatest Hits Vol. 1 were recorded at Dave Grohl’s 606 Studios in Northridge, CA. The album was produced by John “Lou” Lousteau, Reed Mullin and Mick Murphy, and engineered and mixed by John “Lou” Lousteau at 606.

Pre-orders for the album are live now at Teenage Time Killers’ merch store, or via iTunes. Those ordering via iTunes will get an instant download of album track “Hung Out To Dry”, which you can hear a preview of below:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qoMD8Fjgd28

DennisvdBr

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
19 nov 2012
Eens even speculeren over de setlist voor ZiggoDome en Pinkpop.
Deze is prima voor mij hoor, heerlijk!!!
25 januari 2015 Rio. Hele concert is te vinden op YouTube ;)
Waarschijnlijk dus "These Days" en "Outside" niet op Pinkpop en dan weer wel in ZiggoDome gok ik zo...
Something From Nothing
(>>)
The Pretender
Learn to Fly
Breakout
Arlandria
My Hero
Big Me
(Only Dave. Crowd with… more )
Congregation
Walk
Cold Day in the Sun
(Preceded by I'm the One,… more )
In the Clear
This Is a Call
Monkey Wrench
Skin and Bones
(Dave on acoustic guitar with… more )
Wheels
(Dave solo and acoustic.)
B-Stage
Times Like These
(First half slow version only… more )
Detroit Rock City
(KISS cover)
Tom Sawyer
(Rush cover) (First time since 2000-06-08, second time ever.)
Stay With Me
(The Faces cover) (Taylor on vocals. With solos from each member.)
Under Pressure
(Queen & David Bowie cover) (Taylor And Dave on vocals)
All My Life
Best of You
(Crowd with cellphone lights.)
Everlong
Note: Total time: 2h 29 min (21:20 - 23:49). "These Days" and "Outside" were on the setlist but did not get played. The organization cut the songs due to an unknown curfew.
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foo-fighters/2015/estadio-do-maracana-rio-de-janeiro-brazil-73cafe31.html

Black Lies

Subheadliner
4 okt 2013
Dat is best wel een fijne set Dennis, sowieso Everlong als afsluiter wordt episch. Heb best zin in hun Werchter-set.

DennisvdBr

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
19 nov 2012
Ook een fijne setlist, volgens mij wel overeenkomsten met andere recente setlist. Dus wel wat we aankonde tour kunnen blijven verwachten.
May 27
Foo Fighters
Emirates Old Trafford, Old Trafford, England
Sonic Highways World Tour Tour

Everlong
Monkey Wrench
Learn to Fly
Something From Nothing
The Pretender
Arlandria
Big Me
(Slow Version)
Long Road to Ruin
White Limo
Congregation
Walk
I'm the One
(Van Halen cover) (Partial, Intro Only)
Another One Bites the Dust
(Queen cover) (partial; Taylor vocals)
Cold Day in the Sun

End of Runway

Skin and Bones
(Acoustic)
My Hero
(Acoustic)
Times Like These

Centre Stage
Stay With Me
(The Faces cover)
Let There Be Rock
(AC/DC cover)
Under Pressure
(Queen & David Bowie cover)

Main Stage
All My Life
These Days
Outside
Breakout
Best of You
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foo-fighters/2015/emirates-old-trafford-old-trafford-england-33c9ac81.html

JB.

Sunset slot
Sfeerbeheer
2 dec 2013
Zolang white limo er maar instaat vind ik alles best! :D maar hele fijne setlist, al hoeven die covers van mij niet. Vooral die van Queen.

DennisvdBr

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
19 nov 2012
FOO FIGHTERS FORCED TO CANCEL REMAINDER OF UK/EUROPE DATES
Due to injuries sustained in Dave Grohl’s fall from the stage during Foo Fighters’ June 12 show at Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg, Sweden, doctors have required the cancellation of the remainder of the band’s dates in the UK and Europe.

After undergoing surgery Monday, Dave’s full recuperation time is still to be determined.

It was previously announced that Foo Fighters’ June 14 appearance at the Pinkpop Festival and June 16 show at the AFG Arena in St. Gallen, Switzerland were cancelled. The following dates have now been cancelled as well:

June 19 & 20 - London, UK - Wembley Stadium
June 23 - Edinburgh, UK - BT Murrayfield Stadium
June 25 - Werchter, Belgium - Festivalpark Werchter
June 26 - Glastonbury Festival 2015

http://foofighters.com/post/121698804637/click-on-broken-heart-for-a-message-from-dave
Hey everyone….

Your old pal, Dave here. Been a while, eh? It’s been one hell of a year, that’s for sure. Looks like we’ve got some serious catching up to do! Hmmm, let’s see…..where do I begin?

Drumroll, please….

The funniest thing happened to me the other day in Sweden!

Two songs into our set at Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg, I made a mad dash to the right of the stage during MONKEY WRENCH to shred some tasty licks for the kids up front. It was a beautiful night, beautiful stadium, 52,000 screaming people….dream gig! Well….wait for it….I definitely shredded something (ZING!) Wound up feet first over the Edge (pun intended), dropping about 12 feet, dislocating my ankle and snapping my fibula like an old pair of take out chopsticks. Whoopsie daisy. Not good. Without realizing the extent of my injuries, I stood up to get back onstage and crumbled like a sack of Joe Theismanns (look it up, kiddies). That shit was B-R-O-K-E.

As I lay there on my back, I just thought, “Are you kidding me? We haven’t even gotten to the screamy bit of the song and the gig is fucking OVER?” So, I asked for a microphone and told the audience I’d get fixed up and come right back to finish the show ASAP. Shock? Probably. But, I couldn’t stand the thought of such a perfect night going to waste! I looked at our drummer Taylor and said, “Bust out some Chevy Metal covers while they fix me up!” So, as the band kicked in to “Stay With Me” by The Faces, the medics poured me onto a stretcher, took me off to the side, cut my favorite pants off (so bummed) and popped my ankle back into place. I asked if I could get back onstage to finish the show, but they said I needed a cast (which was 20 minutes away at the hospital) to hold my ankle in place. So I looked my EMT, Johan in the eyes and said “Well, then you’re coming up there with me right now and holding it in place until they can bring the cast here. Ready?” He stared at me wide-eyed for a second and said, “OK, lets’ go…”

I don’t know who was more scared, me or Johan. 5 minutes later, I don’t know who was having more fun, me or Johan. (I actually looked at him in between songs and said “This is pretty fun, isn’t it?” He smiled and nodded yes.)

Like clockwork, the cast arrived, I walked offstage for a song or two as they put it on me, and then came back to finish the gig. Let’s just say that singing our song “Walk” with a straight face was pretty goddamned hard. “These Days” was a good one, too. (Easy for you to say! Your leg has never been broken!) All in all, it was without a doubt the single most bizarre Foo Fighters show in the entire 20 years of being a band. Hands down. What seemed like a tragedy at first turned into a triumph, and we all walked away with a new sense of appreciation for what we’ve got…

Straight to the hospital for x-rays, where we finally saw the extent of the damage. That’s when things got really real. I was told I needed surgery to fix the break. I decided to fly back to London and find a doctor that could see me ASAP. (Thanks for the recommendation, Paul!) An MRI and a few x-rays later, we set a date and prepared for the operation.

Operation went well. Had a great team and nice stay in hospital. Good curry, too! Thank you to everyone involved.

So….here I am, recovering with 6 metal screws in my leg, thinking about a lifetime of holding up TSA lines from here to Kalamazoo….damn.

Here’s the not so witty bit…….My doctors have advised me to lay low for a while. The most important thing now is for me to recover from the surgery, to keep my leg elevated so as to keep swelling down and prevent any infection/complication that could do long term damage. I’m not out of the woods yet, folks…

Which means, and it kills me to say it…..the doctors have told us to cancel shows. I’m really so sorry, guys. You know I hate to do it, but I’m afraid it’s just not physically possible for me at the moment. We’re doing our best right now to work out a plan, so bear with us. You know we’re good for our word. But for now, I need to make sure we have YEARS of gigs ahead of us….

You have always stood by our band, and we will always stand by you. Like I say at every show, we wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you guys. And I mean that. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. And I will do everything I can to come back and give you a night to remember for the rest of your lives AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Until then…my sincerest apologies.

Your friend, Dave

PS…….Kanye…..Imma let you have this one…..

tumblr_nq21qywz4P1tiaps1o1_1280.jpg

DennisvdBr

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
19 nov 2012
http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/touring/6612722/will-dave-grohls-injury-break-the-bank-for-the-foo-fighters
Will Dave Grohl's Injury Break the Bank for the Foo Fighters?

When Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl too a spill two songs into a Foo Fighters show on June 12 at Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg, Sweden, dislocating his angle and “snapping my fibula like an old pair of take out chopsticks” in the process (as he put it in a letter to fans), he was remarkably able to finish the show. But the band was forced to cancel the remainder of its European tour, costing the band as much as $10 million in lost fees and travel expenses not offset by box office revenue.

But the real pain will come if the Foos are forced to cancel all or part of their upcoming North American tour, scheduled to begin July 4 in Washington, D.C. While no word indicates that the tour is in jeopardy, the band’s handlers also gave Billboard a “no comment” to a direct question of whether the tour will begin as scheduled.

Grohl himself was typically flip in his letter to fans, referencing a similar stage (non-injury) fall by fellow guitarist Edge of U2 on that band’s current tour. Grohl’s “mad dash” to stage right sent him “feet first over the Edge (pun intended)” for a 12-foot drop that caused the injury. That was one expensive “whoopsie daisy,” as Grohl called it in his letter. The Foos are a stadium-level band in Europe, commanding $1 million per show or more as a festival headliner and often bringing in more than that when headlining stadiums. In total, the band cancelled seven shows, beginning with Pinkpop on June 14 and including AFG Arena in Switzerland, a double at London’s Wembley Stadium, BT Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh, Festivalpark Werchter in Belgium and a coveted headlining slot at Glastonbury on June 26.

The Foos had been in the territory since May 24, when they played BBC Radio’s Big Weekend in Glasgow, and performed a half dozen shows across the U.K., Denmark and Germany prior to the fateful Ullevi show. The band’s gear that could not be duplicated locally would have been with them in Europe, and deposits would have been paid on other sound, lights and production, and the tour likely had trucks on hold across the country at significant expense, some of which won’t be recoupable. And the band’s own equipment must be chartered back stateside at considerable cost, as much as $200,000, an expense they would have incurred anyway but would have been mitigated by actually playing the dates. Another expense that looms large in situations such as these are salaries, per diems, and hotels for scores of crew and tour associates, again, not balanced against the revenues coming in. Also on the line are sizeable marketing and PR expenses, and the un-recoupable labor hours of shutting an overseas tour down mid-stride.

Potentially, the millions of dollars in marketing, travel, transportation, and other expenses, as well as any foregone profits, might be covered by “contingency” insurance -- or perhaps not. The final impact on the bottom line depends largely upon the level of insurance carried by vested parties. In order to be covered, the cancellation must be for a reason beyond the control of the insured, and the artist must be unable to perform for that reason. A shattered fibula for the band’s most prominent member would certainly seem to qualify. If the Foos’ insurance is comprehensive, the band could come through this virtually unscathed, at least financially. Manager John Silva and agent Don Muller of William Morris Endeavor Entertainment both declined to comment for this story.

Now the question becomes what happens next. The Foo Fighters are scheduled to begin a 28-date North American tour on July 4 with a 20th anniversary megashow at Washington D.C.’s RFK Stadium, an extravagant all-day affair with a bill that boasts Buddy Guy, Gary Clark Jr., Heart, Joan Jett, LL Cool J, and Trombone Shorty. Then the Foos were scheduled to begin a run of amphitheaters and stadiums that includes doubles in Toronto, at Citi Field in New York, and Boston’s Fenway Park, all of which would generate grosses of over $1 million. The band is scheduled play America through October, and then are booked to wrap the year in Euro arenas. Again, while there has been no indication that these shows won’t come off, the band’s handlers did not confirm by press time that the tour would happen as scheduled.

Grohl himself seems unwilling to forego long term health for immediate rock ‘n roll gain, and was vague about when he will again perform. “I need to make sure we have YEARS of gigs ahead of us,” he wrote in his letter to fans. “I will do everything I can to come back and give you a night to remember for the rest of your lives AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.”

An edited version of this article first appeared in the July 4 issue of Billboard.

DennisvdBr

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
19 nov 2012
"Can't f***ing wait for the 4th!!! See you at home, DC." De fans van Foo Fighters zaten al een tijdje te wachten op de tweet die de band gisteren de wereld in stuurde.

Begin juni tuimelde frontman Dave Grohl in Zweden van het podium. Met een beenbreuk en een paar weken inactiviteit tot gevolg. Hun show op Rock Werchter en nog een rits andere Europese optredens moesten ze annuleren.

Maar op vier juli maakt Grohl, intussen zes roestvrij stalen bouten rijker, zijn comeback. Met het optreden zaterdag in Washington trapt de band zijn Amerikaanse tour, op gang. Goed voor meer dan veertig concerten op vaderlandse bodem. Dit najaar komt de band dan in Europa langs.

DennisvdBr

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
19 nov 2012
Een echte Rock-Koning heeft een troon nodig ;)
5d3d9eee.jpg

Last month, Dave Grohl fractured his leg after falling off the stage at a Foo Fighters concert in Gothenburg, Sweden. The injury forced Foo Fighters to cancel a string of European tour dates, including the band's appearance at the Glastonbury Festival. Last night, the Foos returned to the stage for the first time since Grohl's injury. To accommodate his leg, which was in a cast, Grohl performed from a throne. Watch footage of the performance below via NME.
The performance was the band's 20th anniversary Fourth of July blowout at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C. The daylong concert also included performances from Buddy Guy, Gary Clark Jr., Heart, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, LL Cool J featuring DJ Z-Trip, Trouble Funk, and Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue.
http://pitchfork.com/news/60248-dave-grohl-plays-entire-foo-fighters-show-on-giant-light-up-throne/
Onder de link staan ook filmpjes van de gig...

DennisvdBr

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
19 nov 2012
Kurt Cobain solo demo 'Sappy' streams online - listen

Solo album 'Montage Of Heck: The Home Recordings' to be released on November 13

A recently unearthed Kurt Cobain demo, titled 'Sappy', is now streaming online.

The track will be included on upcoming solo album of sorts, 'Montage Of Heck: The Home Recordings', which will be released on November 13 as a 31-track deluxe record or as a 13-track standard edition.

'Sappy' also features on a 7-inch featuring a Cobain cover of The Beatles' 'And I Love Her'. That will be released on December 4.

'Sappy' has been widely available in bootleg form and online for years, but this is the first high quality version to be released. Listen below.

[video]http://vevo.ly/rYLoWh[/video]

The 31-track deluxe release serves as a soundtrack to recent Cobain documentary Montage Of Heck.

It showcases tracks from the documentary including spoken word, demos and full songs. The 13-track standard soundtrack focuses on the music discovered on Cobain’s personal cassettes. The soundtrack will also be available in deluxe and standard digital editions.

'Montage of Heck: The Home Recordings' will be released by Universal Music on CD, cassette and digital formats with a 2LP vinyl edition of the album following on December 4.

Director Brett Morgen sifted through the extensive Cobain archives for home recordings and rare tracks while curating the album. Morgen previously told US publication Bedford + Bowery: "Just to be clear, it’s not a Nirvana album, it’s just Kurt and you’re going to hear him do things you never expected to come out of him."

The release will include recordings featured in the film, and it has been reported that other unheard material will also be included. Morgen describes the music featured as ranging "from thrash to ragtime and everything in between". It will also include "a sketch comedy routine".

Commenting on the soundtrack as a whole, Morgen said: "You really get a sense of how happy he was simply by creating himself. His lyrics are really playful, and, at times, you can feel his smile and warmth coming through."

http://www.nme.com/news/kurt-cobain/88820

Gebruikers die dit onderwerp bekijken