Graspop Metal Meeting 2023

Rockbeer

Sunset slot
6 okt 2016
Het zal wel niks zeggen, maar wat moeten we hier nou van denken?

ps. het lukt me op de telefoon niet tekst te schrijven bij die afbeelding dus daarom een nieuwe reactie erbij.

Joe

Sunset slot
22 feb 2016
Het zal wel niks zeggen, maar wat moeten we hier nou van denken?

ps. het lukt me op de telefoon niet tekst te schrijven bij die afbeelding dus daarom een nieuwe reactie erbij.
Zou wel grappig zijn naast de namen die ze er nu hebben staan.

Doe toch maar gewoon op Graspop aub. Geen zin om naar Kiewit te gaan voor die 2 goede namen dat ze daar tegenwoordig nog zetten.

Cooman666

Campingartiest
2 nov 2022
dat zal morgen duidelijk worden, kan helaas niet meer zeggen
Die tournee van Megadeth heeft nog geen Belgische datum.. Lijkt me een grote kans voor Alcatraz!

Edit: de datum dat Alcatraz nog een headlinerpositie vrij heeft, spelen ze al in de UK.. Lokerse Feesten dan maar?

festivalryo

Support act
9 feb 2019
I just got back from the BMTH concert and I'm happy to say that I was really impressed with the show.

Starting off with the stage production:
Rather simplistic set up, keyboards on the right, drumkit on the left, a massive screen in the background. Very colourful lighting and animations for most of the show.
The concert featured an AI voice as somewhat of a narrator, introducing the next songs, "scanning" for circle pits (tutorial included!)..
The band really goes all-in on their current cyberpunk aesthestic.

The band was putting on a really strong performance, I was particularly impressed by Oli's vocals. Great cleans, impressive shrieks and growls, he has really come a long way. I'm glad he's taking care of his voice nowadays.

The show went for around 80 minutes and the band played nothing but hits. It is quite noteworthy how many well-known songs this band has by now. They stuck to material from their more recent albums (Sempiternal and onwards) but I don't think this was a bad thing.
Overall, the show felt just right, like the band has spent a lot of time discussing setlist, production and the vibe they were going for.
I can say without a doubt, this is a show worthy of a headline spot at the big rock festivals.

If BMTH are actually one of our missing headliners, many people will be in for a pleasant surprise, I think.

Setlist:

Can You Feel My Heart
Happy Song
Teardrops
Mantra
Dear Diary
Parasite Eve
Strangers
Shadow Moses
Kingslayer
Die4U
Follow You