Eurovision

Raoul

Dagopener
17 jun 2015
Joost Klein mag winnen! Dit is een kunstvorm pur sang. Ik ga er heerlijk op.

Joe

Sunset slot
22 feb 2016
Ik wou het zo lang mogelijk mijden maar toen ik daarnet mijn auto startte was het bezig op StuBru.
Ik heb het toch 15 seconden volgehouden.

Raoul

Dagopener
17 jun 2015
Nou nou, kunstvorm?
Ja. Niet iedereen hoeft dezelfde kunst mooi te vinden maar de muziek en uitingen die Joost Klein heeft schaar ik wel dergelijk onder kunst

Kunst mag provoceren, mensen hun meningen recht tegenover elkaar krijgen en mensen een "gevoel" geven.

Vind het moeilijk te verwoorden maar ik vind dit dus echt ijzersterk gedaan. Ik snap alleen ook heel erg goed dat dit niet voor iedereen is weggelegd en al helemaal niet op muzikaal vlak.

Piebe71

Geliefde act
15 dec 2022
Vond het meer het faillissement van cultureel Nederland. En heel jammer dat we nu mee gaan in de gekte die de oostbloklanden al jaren brengen. Zelfs het stukje hardstyle was gewoon niet goed.

Maarrrrr....het is een mening hè. De resultaten gaan de waarheid vertellen😉

• Leuk
Waarderingen: Joslittel en Bob105

Metalhead Liam

Gouden Tip
25 nov 2022
Ik had persoonlijk alleen t nummer heel anders verwacht, meer techno wat dus beetje aan t einde voor 20 seconden kwam. Overigens niet mijn genre ofzo, vind daar zelf niks aan, maar had t nummer heel anders ingeschat.
Ben zelf geen Fan van t nummer, maar kan opzich wel inzien dat t voor Eurovisie kan. Denk wel dat t 2 kanten op zal gaan, of t word helemaal niks, of t word een hoge finalen plek. Ben wel erg benieuwd welke van de 2 t word

Special Monkey

Sunset slot
13 apr 2021
Joost zegt me weinig.

Het is Kroatië die me laat bouncen.

Het feit dat er een serieuze betekenis achter zit, voegt voor mij nog een laagje comedy toe.

“Please, meow back”: Baby Lasagna’s “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” lyrics capture the tensions young people face leaving Croatia for a life abroad​

A lot of Eurovision fans are already dreaming of a fairytale ending for Croatia at Eurovision 2024. And the prince in that story is Baby Lasagna — real name Marko Purišić. When his song “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” dropped in January, he became the talk of Zagreb. And now he’s the talk of Europe as radio stations across the continent play his song and as DJs wonder aloud about the lyrics, which include a plea for a cat to meow back and a very memorable hook: rim tim tagi dim.

But the song isn’t just about humour and fun. It convey the stress and anxiety that come with leaving home in search of better opportunities.

Baby Lasagna’s journey to Eurovision hasn’t been straightforward. In fact, he fell at the first hurdle.

At the end of 2023, after the submissions window closed for Croatia’s national selection show DORA, broadcaster HRT selected 24 acts. Mr. Lasagna was not among them. Instead he was relegated to the reserve list. However, in early January, the singer Zsa Zsa withdrew. Suddenly the lasagna was in the oven.

Within hours of the song reveal, “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” was trending within the Top 50 on Croatian YouTube. We spoke with Baby Lasagna the next morning and he was absolutely floored by the response.

“Like three or four days ago I was just a guy from a small town writing stuff in my room. And now all of a sudden a guy from London is talking about me and Croatian media is calling me. I get some crazy offers. And it seems like a dream, but at the same time it can feel uncomfortable when people are expecting a lot of you. They want to get on that train Baby Lasagna. I’m starting to work up an anxiety, which I already had and which is getting even worse. At the same time I am happy people are enjoying my work.”

First things first: the title “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” does not have a Croatian translation.

“It means nothing actually,” Baby L told us. “The first sample that you hear in the song goes like rim tim tagi dim, rim tim tagi dim. I was like, ‘It would be funny if I put some real vocals with rim tim tagi dim. There is no great origin story. It’s just a guy in his room and the riff sounds like rim tim tagi dim.”

The real meaning comes not in the title, but in the verses that capture a national dilemma. The European Union has described Croatia as a country of emigration: more people are leaving the country than are arriving from outside its borders. “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” explores this mass exodus of young people — and the effects it has on those leaving and those they leave behind.

The song opens with a young person announcing that he’s leaving home. The music video makes it clear he’s leaving a rural community, which may mirror the outskirts of Umag, Baby Lasagna’s real-life hometown.

Despite the big dreams, that journey is fraught with panic, pain, and anxiety.

And we can see all of that and more in the official video, which dropped on Tuesday. We see a young man preparing to leave his rustic existence behind. In between rocking out in the barn amid bales of hay, he pets his cows, feeds his chickens and chops wood. He’s excited to move on, but at times you get the sense he’s also a little sad.

“Hey, I’m a big boy now, I’m ready to leave, ciao, mama, ciao…I’m a big boy now, I’m going away and I sold my cow…”

As the video progresses we see Baby Lasagna bidding farewell to his fellow villagers at an outdoor feast, which turns into a dancing affair. As he dreams of life in a more happening place, he also wonders if his language and traditions will be understood. As he sings, “I hope I find peace in the noise, wanna become one of those city boys, they’re all so pretty and so advanced, maybe they also know our dance.”

Does the act of leaving bring him the joy he dreams of? Well the video doesn’t answer that. It’s up to you to decipher the final scene, which is beautiful if bittersweet.

And what does Baby Lasagna say about all this?

“I think that a lot of my songwriting comes from my subconscious — you know things that I’m not thinking really about. We have a lot of problems with young people moving and there’s been a lot of news going on about that, so I think that constantly listening to those words…maybe the song is about that, about young people living our country in the search of a better place. A heavy heart and as it says in the song, ‘in my anxiety attacks, I’m gonna miss you all, but mostly the cat.'”

[Intro]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)

[Verse 1]
Ayy, I'm a big boy now
I'm ready to leave
, ciao, mamma, ciao
Ayy, I'm a big boy now
I'm going away and I sold my cow

Before I leave, I must confess
I need a round of decompress
One more time for all the good times
Rim-tim-tagi-digi-dim-tim-tim

[Interlude]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Digi-digi-digi-digi)
You might also like

Babaroga
Let 3

Rosalia
Jala Brat & Buba Corelli

Monster
Jala Brat & Buba Corelli

[Verse 2]
Gonna miss you all but mostly the cat
Gonna miss my hay, gonna miss my bed
But most of all, I'ma miss the dance
So come on y'all, let us prance

[Interlude]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)

[Pre-Chorus]
Now don't call, don't write
I'm leavin' with the first light
Don't cry, but dance

[Chorus]
There's no going back (Woah)
My presence fades to black (Woah)
Yeah, there's no going back (Woah)
My anxiety attacks (Woah)
Rim-tim-tagi-digi-dim-tim-tagi-digi-dim

[Post-Chorus]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)

[Verse 3]
I hope I find peace in the noise
Wanna become one of those city boys
They're all so pretty and so advanced
Maybe they also know our dance

[Interlude]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)

[Pre-Chorus]
Bye mom, bye dad
Meow, cat, please, meow back
Don't cry, just dance

[Chorus]

[Instrumental Break]

[Chorus]
Anxiety attacks (Woah)

[Outro]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Dim-dim-dim)

Bob105

Support act
18 jun 2021
Ja. Niet iedereen hoeft dezelfde kunst mooi te vinden maar de muziek en uitingen die Joost Klein heeft schaar ik wel dergelijk onder kunst

Kunst mag provoceren, mensen hun meningen recht tegenover elkaar krijgen en mensen een "gevoel" geven.

Vind het moeilijk te verwoorden maar ik vind dit dus echt ijzersterk gedaan. Ik snap alleen ook heel erg goed dat dit niet voor iedereen is weggelegd en al helemaal niet op muzikaal vlak.
In welke vorm provoceert dit dan?

• Leuk
Waarderingen: mattman

mattman

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
4 dec 2013
Joost zegt me weinig.

Het is Kroatië die me laat bouncen.

Het feit dat er een serieuze betekenis achter zit, voegt voor mij nog een laagje comedy toe.

“Please, meow back”: Baby Lasagna’s “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” lyrics capture the tensions young people face leaving Croatia for a life abroad​

A lot of Eurovision fans are already dreaming of a fairytale ending for Croatia at Eurovision 2024. And the prince in that story is Baby Lasagna — real name Marko Purišić. When his song “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” dropped in January, he became the talk of Zagreb. And now he’s the talk of Europe as radio stations across the continent play his song and as DJs wonder aloud about the lyrics, which include a plea for a cat to meow back and a very memorable hook: rim tim tagi dim.

But the song isn’t just about humour and fun. It convey the stress and anxiety that come with leaving home in search of better opportunities.

Baby Lasagna’s journey to Eurovision hasn’t been straightforward. In fact, he fell at the first hurdle.

At the end of 2023, after the submissions window closed for Croatia’s national selection show DORA, broadcaster HRT selected 24 acts. Mr. Lasagna was not among them. Instead he was relegated to the reserve list. However, in early January, the singer Zsa Zsa withdrew. Suddenly the lasagna was in the oven.

Within hours of the song reveal, “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” was trending within the Top 50 on Croatian YouTube. We spoke with Baby Lasagna the next morning and he was absolutely floored by the response.

“Like three or four days ago I was just a guy from a small town writing stuff in my room. And now all of a sudden a guy from London is talking about me and Croatian media is calling me. I get some crazy offers. And it seems like a dream, but at the same time it can feel uncomfortable when people are expecting a lot of you. They want to get on that train Baby Lasagna. I’m starting to work up an anxiety, which I already had and which is getting even worse. At the same time I am happy people are enjoying my work.”

First things first: the title “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” does not have a Croatian translation.

“It means nothing actually,” Baby L told us. “The first sample that you hear in the song goes like rim tim tagi dim, rim tim tagi dim. I was like, ‘It would be funny if I put some real vocals with rim tim tagi dim. There is no great origin story. It’s just a guy in his room and the riff sounds like rim tim tagi dim.”

The real meaning comes not in the title, but in the verses that capture a national dilemma. The European Union has described Croatia as a country of emigration: more people are leaving the country than are arriving from outside its borders. “Rim Tim Tagi Dim” explores this mass exodus of young people — and the effects it has on those leaving and those they leave behind.

The song opens with a young person announcing that he’s leaving home. The music video makes it clear he’s leaving a rural community, which may mirror the outskirts of Umag, Baby Lasagna’s real-life hometown.

Despite the big dreams, that journey is fraught with panic, pain, and anxiety.

And we can see all of that and more in the official video, which dropped on Tuesday. We see a young man preparing to leave his rustic existence behind. In between rocking out in the barn amid bales of hay, he pets his cows, feeds his chickens and chops wood. He’s excited to move on, but at times you get the sense he’s also a little sad.

“Hey, I’m a big boy now, I’m ready to leave, ciao, mama, ciao…I’m a big boy now, I’m going away and I sold my cow…”

As the video progresses we see Baby Lasagna bidding farewell to his fellow villagers at an outdoor feast, which turns into a dancing affair. As he dreams of life in a more happening place, he also wonders if his language and traditions will be understood. As he sings, “I hope I find peace in the noise, wanna become one of those city boys, they’re all so pretty and so advanced, maybe they also know our dance.”

Does the act of leaving bring him the joy he dreams of? Well the video doesn’t answer that. It’s up to you to decipher the final scene, which is beautiful if bittersweet.

And what does Baby Lasagna say about all this?

“I think that a lot of my songwriting comes from my subconscious — you know things that I’m not thinking really about. We have a lot of problems with young people moving and there’s been a lot of news going on about that, so I think that constantly listening to those words…maybe the song is about that, about young people living our country in the search of a better place. A heavy heart and as it says in the song, ‘in my anxiety attacks, I’m gonna miss you all, but mostly the cat.'”

[Intro]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)

[Verse 1]
Ayy, I'm a big boy now
I'm ready to leave, ciao, mamma, ciao
Ayy, I'm a big boy now
I'm going away and I sold my cow
Before I leave, I must confess
I need a round of decompress
One more time for all the good times

[Interlude]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Digi-digi-digi-digi)
You might also like

Babaroga
Let 3

Rosalia
Jala Brat & Buba Corelli

Monster
Jala Brat & Buba Corelli

[Verse 2]
Gonna miss you all but mostly the cat
Gonna miss my hay, gonna miss my bed
But most of all, I'ma miss the dance
So come on y'all, let us prance

[Interlude]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)

[Pre-Chorus]
Now don't call, don't write
I'm leavin' with the first light
Don't cry, but dance

[Chorus]

[Post-Chorus]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)

[Verse 3]
I hope I find peace in the noise
Wanna become one of those city boys
They're all so pretty and so advanced
Maybe they also know our dance

[Interlude]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)

[Pre-Chorus]
Bye mom, bye dad
Meow, cat, please, meow back
Don't cry, just dance

[Chorus]

[Instrumental Break]

[Chorus]
Anxiety attacks (Woah)

[Outro]
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Rim-tim-tagi-digi)
(Dim-dim-dim)

Dit doet me denken aan dat Käärijä, zo'n industrial/techno gekkigheid die je tegenwoordig wel vaker ziet in deze wedstrijd.

luluasas

Campingartiest
9 mei 2023
Ik ga zo goed op de mensen die zeuren over het nummer. Eurovision is een competitie waar eens in de zoveel jaar een goede zanger of zangeres wint. Voor de rest is het gewoon een tentoonstelling over hoe anders als de gewone mens kan ik zijn.... Lekker bezig Joost! Ik hoop dat veel mensen boos worden en blijven

Piebe71

Geliefde act
15 dec 2022
Ik ga zo goed op de mensen die zeuren over het nummer. Eurovision is een competitie waar eens in de zoveel jaar een goede zanger of zangeres wint. Voor de rest is het gewoon een tentoonstelling over hoe anders als de gewone mens kan ik zijn.... Lekker bezig Joost! Ik hoop dat veel mensen boos worden en blijven
Waarom zou je muziek uitbrengen om mensen boos te maken?🤔

Gebruikers die dit onderwerp bekijken