UK Reading/Leeds 2017

Gloeilamp

Sunset slot
24 nov 2013
Joehoe,

Ik ben van plan om dit jaar voor de eerste keer Reading te gaan bezoeken. Is al een tijdje een festival waar ik erg graag heen zou willen en het moet er nu maar eens van komen. Programma ziet er goed uit en de prijzen van vliegtickets/festivaltickets vallen me nog erg mee.

Iemand van het forum die hier al eens is geweest en zijn/haar ervaringen wil delen? Ben ik erg benieuwd naar!

Gloeilamp

Sunset slot
24 nov 2013
Gloeilamp wrote:
Joehoe,

Ik ben van plan om dit jaar voor de eerste keer Reading te gaan bezoeken. Is al een tijdje een festival waar ik erg graag heen zou willen en het moet er nu maar eens van komen. Programma ziet er goed uit en de prijzen van vliegtickets/festivaltickets vallen me nog erg mee.

Iemand van het forum die hier al eens is geweest en zijn/haar ervaringen wil delen? Ben ik erg benieuwd naar!

Op Sziget toevallig met een paar Britten gesproken die al een paar jaar achter elkaar Reading óf Leeds gingen. Ze vonden Leeds leuker, de reden waarom ben ik eerlijk gezegd vergeten.. Ze zeiden wel dat je rekening moet houden met veel brakende Engelsen.

Thanks Thomas! Ik ben ondertussen al wat gewend na een aantal Duitse festivals bezocht te hebben (naakte punks op de Ruhrpott Rodeo en in het openbaar brakende en poepende boeren op Rock am Ring) dus heb hoop dat ik Reading of Leeds ook aan zal kunnen ;)

DennisvdBr

Droomheadliner
Sfeerbeheer
19 nov 2012
Update!
via NME : Queens Of The Stone rock Leeds Festival 2017 with blistering secret set
'It's a fucking pleasure to be here'

Queens Of The Stone Age got Leeds Festival 2017 off to a raucous start with a blistering secret set this morning (Friday August 25).

After rumours started to circulate earlier this week, the band then confirmed the news this morning. As word spread throughout the arena and campsite, the tent of the NME/Radio 1 Stage was soon packed out with fans in the early afternoon, eagerly awaiting what for many would be their opening show of the weekend.

After a mass sing-along to ‘Afternoon Delight’, QOTSA bound on stage to the sound of Dean Martin’s ‘You’re Nobody ‘Til Somebody Loves You’ – before bursting into a run of tracks from new album ‘Villains‘, which is released today.

“Hey Leeds Festival, how the fuck are you?” asked frontman Josh Homme after warming up the crowd. “We’re Queens Of The Stone Age.” They then rushed into lead single ‘The Way You Used To Do’.

“Do me a favour,” asked Homme after the track. “Wake the fuck up. Wanna hear an old song? Me too.”

With a rendition of ‘My God Is The Sun’, the crowd burst into life for the remainder of the short but fast-paced set largely leaned on new album tracks, as well as a handful of classic singles and fan favourites.

“It’s a fucking pleasure to be here,” said Homme. “I gotta tell you, no matter how drunk you are, I’m already fucked up. This one’s for all the little sisters.”

At one point, Homme teased fans that ‘No One Knows’ was coming, but instead played ‘The Evil Has Landed’. A circle pit erupted regardless. “Can I tell you something?” he asked. “I fucking love you. Instead of saying it, I’ll just play it.” He then fulfilled his promise with the finale of ‘No One Knows’, inspiring a feral reaction from the crowd and marking the first major talking point of the weekend.

QOTSA are now believed to be heading to Reading Festival at some point for another surprise show. Wolf Alice are now also rumoured for a secret set this weekend.

Queens Of The Stone Age at Leeds Festival 2017

Leeds Festival continues today with sets from Blossoms, Neck Deep, Sløtface, The Sherlocks, Liam Gallagher, Muse, and many more. Check back at NME for the latest news, interviews and more from Reading & Leeds 2017.

Indiaantje89

Droomheadliner
13 nov 2012
IMG_3292.JPG.6b6d2b5aad834b93db30d0153d1162d9.JPG

Gerucht gaat dat dit het zal zijn.

Loveless

Geliefde act
4 nov 2014
Ze hebben weleens slechter gehad. F+TM en Kendrick door naar Landgraaf? Royal Blood vind ik ook een mooie naam voor LL

Paddy

Headliner
16 dec 2014
https://twitter.com/officialrandl/status/1065160386633175041?s=21

Gebruikers die dit onderwerp bekijken